Cigarette butt cause of shed fire

March 1, 2024 8:56 am in by

A shed has been damaged after a large grass fire in Red Cliffs.

4 units and 20 firefighters were called to the Calder Highway property around half past nine Wednesday night, with the flames eventually travelling five-hundred metres across the property to a shed.

The Sunraysia Daily reports the fire is believed to have been started by a cigarette butt thrown out a car window.

Article continues after this ad

Two rainwater tanks were reportedly destroyed by the fire.

Investigations continue.