Obtainable fire permits

The New South Wales rural fire service is allowing some residents to obtain a permit to light and maintain a fire in the open air from today.

 It includes the Wentworth and Balranald Local Government Areas.
The New South Wales Rural Fire Service says permits ensure fire is used safely and to minimise the danger to landholders properties and
the communities. 
But a free permit must be obtained from the Lower Western Fire Control Centre at Dareton.