National News Headlines
National News Headlines, February 17:
• Federal Parliament has axed free lifetime travel for politicians.
• The Prime Minister and Treasurer will be briefed on successful welfare changes on a visit to New Zealand today.
• Western Australia’s Premier says Pauline Hanson has become ‘more moderate’ in her views... moving to defend a preference deal between the Liberals and One Nation.
• A man has been charged with 92 offences over a fire that injured dozens at a Melbourne bank branch last year.
• Three people are dead near Canberra after 2 of them went inside an underground farm tank to rescue a man who had suddenly collapsed.
• Collingwood’s beaten Essendon in the opening AFL pre-season match.